Naubat Khana Red Fort Delhi
Once standing in the centre of the courtyard's east wall, but now isolated, the Naubat Khana,ahead, was the official entrance to the palace; at this point, all except the royal princes were required to dismount and proceed on foot, a tradition observed until 1857. Musicians played on the first floor gallery whenever an important guest arrived. A panel, delightfully carved with a floral design, should be noted immediately left.
This gateway now accommodates the Indian War Memorial Museum, where weapons, uniforms and badges from ancient times are displayed. To the east of the Naubat Khana, trees have replaced the arcades of the inner courtyard, where guards were formerly mounted; the area is now grassed.